Charges dropped against 3 Upshur Co. officials | News
UPSHUR COUNTY, TX (KLTV)-
A judge has dismissed all charges against three Upshur County officials.
Judges in Upshur County have signed orders to dismiss charges of official oppression after attorney Rick Hagan filed motions to dismiss the charges against Upshur County Sheriff Anthony Betterton, Commissioner Lloyd Crabtree, and County Judge Dean Fowler.
Court documents state Judge Dean Fowler's motion was granted not because of actual innocence, but because the state failed to present sufficient evidence.
All three were under indictment for allegedly conspiring to kick a man out of the Commissioner's Court in November of 2010 for protesting the Court's ban on public comments.
- Upshur Co. officials plead not guilty to oppression charges
- Upshur Co. Officials charged with oppression
Copyright 2012 KLTV. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Authorities release identity of man killed in early-morning collision with train
- Saturday Longview Habitat for Humanity build postponed
- “Love Totes: Care Packages for the Homeless”
- Electric providers take new steps for winter weather preparation
- Two victims of medical center stabbing remain hospitalized; vigil planned for Monday