Charges dropped against 3 Upshur Co. officials | News
UPSHUR COUNTY, TX (KLTV)-
A judge has dismissed all charges against three Upshur County officials.
Judges in Upshur County have signed orders to dismiss charges of official oppression after attorney Rick Hagan filed motions to dismiss the charges against Upshur County Sheriff Anthony Betterton, Commissioner Lloyd Crabtree, and County Judge Dean Fowler.
Court documents state Judge Dean Fowler's motion was granted not because of actual innocence, but because the state failed to present sufficient evidence.
All three were under indictment for allegedly conspiring to kick a man out of the Commissioner's Court in November of 2010 for protesting the Court's ban on public comments.
- Upshur Co. officials plead not guilty to oppression charges
- Upshur Co. Officials charged with oppression
Copyright 2012 KLTV. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bill could eliminate toll road fees for some veterans
- East Texas helps: How to send aid to Oklahoma tornado survivors
- Hundreds of employees affected by ETX mail processing center closure
- Experts: West Nile virus may make a comeback in East Texas
- Another suspect sought in theft of Transport Services in Tyler